Friday, February 24, 2006

Falling off the Face of the Earth

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been very busy, and just haven't had time to post a blog. Ugh. Oh well. Let's see, our daughter Hannah got her braces off and now wears a retainer each night. It's not really that bad, and I think she doesn't mind it at all. I had the flu about a week ago. I never did throw up, but was just achy, tired, and generally didn't feel well. Work has been quiet, but I've taken on a new programming project that has taken up most of my free time. It's a contact mapping database, using Google Maps. It's pretty slick, and likely the most complex programming project I've done to date. And, I'm now setting up a website for my wife's school, so the teachers can create web pages. I even volunteered to train the teachers on how to use the software. So, between all of that, there hasn't been much extra time. Our daughter got glasses last week too. She was having trouble seeing in class, and her grades had slipped. She doesn't mind wearing them, and was surprised at how well she could see after putting them on. Tomorrow night, we're going to a red carpet gala for our church. It's the annual fundraiser. It's a blacktie event with a lot of rich folks spending quite a bit of money? So why are we going? We're not blacktie folks, and we're certainly not rich, but it should be a fun night anyhow. My brother is coming for a visit in another week. Looking forward to seeing him. I'm definitely ready for winter to be over. Yuck. We need a good a rain to wash all the sand and salt way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home