Friday, January 20, 2006

Doing Something Crazy

I decided at the spur of the moment to take a vacation. Since I had the weekend off, I decided to drive to Colorado for a couple of days. Sometimes you just need to get away. In fact, I actually enjoy driving cross crounty, it's kind of like therapy for me, to be able to just travel the open road, listen to good music, and to have fun. After speaking with my brother to ensure that he was still on vacation, I called my wife and told her I'd be gone for a couple of days. She thought I was crazy!

The trip was uneventful and mostly pleasant. I had my Ipod shuffle, so I was listening to some of my favorite songs. I played with my GPS on my laptop, and even watched a video. I know, that sounds crazy, but if you've ever traveled across Interstate 80 in Nebraska or Interstate 76 in Colorado, you'd know that the road is essentially straight, there are few hills, and not a lot of traffic. In other words, it's pretty easy to listen to a movie, and occasionally glance down to check out the screen.

I arrived in Colorado around 530 PM. My brother had prior plans to take some friends out to dinner, and I was invited to come along. We went to a cozy little bistro and the food was awesome. It was a little pricey, but I think that's normal for that type of restaurant. I even had Escargot. It was a first for me, and last. It really wasn't that good, but I was being social. The filet that I had was absolutely the best steak I've ever eaten. Wow, it was delicious.

All in all, it was a spur of the moment decision, and I'm loving every minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home