Monday, February 06, 2006

Moving to a New Server

I had to move my website to a new server. I'm still with the same company, but just a different server. Wow, what a pain, but everything is finally back in place. About two weeks ago, we lost the ability to send email from the website. My wife sends her classroom newsletter via the website, and thus, it was a high priority. For some reason, the sendmail app on the server stopped responding. Ugh. I was one of the early customers for this company, and was on server 27. So, the server was old, but it served us well in the past. Tech support could not figure out the problem, so we had to move everything to a new server. I'm now on server 449. Wow, the company has really grown. So much so, that tech support in the past has been really lacking. So, after two weeks of emailing back and forth, and transferring all of our files over (200 mb), everything is running smoothly again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home