Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tackling an Impossible Project

Our basment has grown legs and fangs, and has taken on a life of its own. It's absolutely horrid down there, mainly because we've been using it as a dumping ground for all of the stuff that we don't want upstairs. You see, no one really ever sees the basement, except for the occasionaly repairman that has to go down there, or my wife's sister who takes delight in the fact that it's so messy. But, I've had enough. Even if no one sees it, it's gotten out of control. Thus, I kind of hit a brick wall tonight, and threw a fit. I vowed to start tossing things in the garbage. It's amazing at how stuff accumulates. We're being buried with stuff. And, we just keep buying more. And, we never get rid of anything. So, the stuff piles up. We did have a huge garage sale this past summer, and got rid of a lot of stuff, but it's funny how when you get rid of a bunch of stuff, you just get more.

Anyhow, the time has come. So, I started cleaning the basement. It's really a huge project, and I don't even know where to begin, but you have to start somewhere. If you keep looking at the mountain peak, you may never get there. But, if you just start working on the pile in front of you, then do the next pile after that, and the next, eventually, you'll prevail. One box at a time, making little strides, and sooner or later, it will be done. I know it won't happen overnight, but I'm shooting for March 1st as my deadline to have it all re-organized and complete. Hopefully, at that time, I wont' be ashamed if someone other than me sees it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home