Sunday, October 30, 2005

Another Lengthy Period

I just don't have the time for this that I originally intended. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Let's see, where to begin? I recently started another batch of wine. It was a gallon-size batch of White Niagara, from Welches frozen concentrate. So, I've got quite a few batches going right now, including Apple, Orange Mead, Port, White Zinfandel, and the White Niagara. Yum. Hopefully, this coming week, I'll bottle the White Zin, and will be drinking it soon thereafter.

Our daughter has started piano lessons again. We finally found someone who was within the affordable range, and she's really excited. I don't think she's too happy about practicing though, but overall, I think she likes to play.

My wife had her Tastefully Simple party a couple of nights ago. She had a really good turnout, in fact, her sales rep said this will likely be her highest-sales party to date. Yeah. Although, I wasn't very happy about having to do all of the extra housework by myself, but I got over it.

We went to a ballet last night at the Rose Theatre here in Omaha. We have season tickets to the children's theatre productions, which includes 2 ballet performances throughout the year. The show was The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I was a little unsure of what to expect since I've never been to a ballet before. And, I'm not familiar with the story at all. But, it really wasn't that bad. The program had a few paragraphs of the Sleepy Hollow story in general, so I was able to follow along pretty well. I'll admit, I was enchanted by the story, and trying to figure out what the expressions being conveyed by the dancers. Really, it wasn't that bad, and at least I got to do something that I've never done before.

I'm scheduled to attend a "Get Motivated" seminar this coming week. Nearly 3/4 of the staff in my office are going, so it should be an interesting day. Actually, it's a cleverly disguised scheme for an all-day long informercial, to get you to buy more of their products and seminars. But, mixed in, there are motivational speakers, including Zig Zigler, George from the Apprentice, and Rudy Guiliani. There are a few other personalities, including Tom Osborne, Jerry Lewis, and Suze Orman too. So, if I can stand to sit through the high pressure sales pitches, it should be a fun day.

No other news to report. Oh yeah, I am going elk hunting in a few weeks with my father in law. We're going to Colorado for a week. Well, I should say, I'm going along to be a companion, but am not hunting myself. I'm just going for moral support, and to help haul out the game if Ron gets anything. I'm a little nervous about the whole ordeal, but it will be a good time to get away and relax for awhile, away from society, albeit only for a few days.

The holidays are quickly approaching. Ugh. I'm not really a holiday-oriented person, and actually could do without the hassle. Ha. But, for our daughter, I intend to put a good show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home